What it is.
With the InnovationProject you can apply for a financial allowance to support the development of a prototype of an innovation. The Innovation Project is a financing instrument of LIOF. A great incentive for the development of your idea!
Startups, Scale-ups and SMEs (sector wide) based in Limburg with an innovative idea that contributes to the social issues (transitions) energy, circularity, health and digitalization.
The scheme covers 35% of the costs with a maximum amount of € 50,000 for the development of a prototype of a product, service or process.
Click here for the regulation. (in Dutch)
Next submission dates
- Er zijn geen aankomende indiendatums meer.
We are happyto engage with you
- Free consultation with one of our advisors
- Explanation of the possibilities and answers to all your questions
- Help with submitting your application
Request a consultation
How to proceed.
- Request the application form. You will be sent this by email;
- You will be assigned a business developer to guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have. He/she will think and read with you and provide feedback on your application to get your story as sharp as possible on paper;
- Complete and submit the application form. Instructions are in the form.
- After submission, you will receive notification from us whether your application is complete and correctly completed (admissibility);
- The assessment usually takes place two weeks after the submission date. After the assessment we will inform you as soon as possible about the outcome (decision).
- In case of a positive decision, you will receive an advance of 50% of the project costs financed by us and you can start developing the prototype. At the end of the project duration you can claim the other half of the covered costs;
- In case of a negative decision, in some cases there is the possibility to resubmit the application and convince the Advisory Committee of your idea with new insights and arguments.
- Please note that the implementation period for the Innovation Project has been extended. This means that any project that receives a positive decision after June 1, 2022 will have a maximum duration of 24 months (this was 12 months). If the project continues after June 30, 2023, you must submit an interim report by this date at the latest. At the end of the project you have to submit a second report for the period after June 30, 2023. Click here for the exact conditions.
went before you?
We have already helped a number of entrepreneurs successfully from the Innovation Project. Curious about their experience? You can see it right here!
'I was tipped off about LIOF as a party that can help entrepreneurs with smart innovations'- Sven Reulen, StraTopo founder and director.
'With the support of LIOF we developed a new method to produce lead grids' - Harm Bruggink, director Centurion Battery B.V.