Companies are already benefiting from the Einstein Telescope
The Einstein Telescope (ET) is a unique project with enormous impact that will put Europe on the map worldwide. Together with Sardinia (Italy), the Meuse-Rhine Euroregion is the last region in Europe to be considered for the location of this large-scale research facility. The technology is already being developed and there are sustainable opportunities for companies here.
Want to know more about the Einstein Telescope in general? Check out the flyer.
Under the banner of the Einstein Telescope, the new project ET2SMEs was launched in March this year. This Euregional project focuses on companies in the Euregion and adjacent regions, such as the Brainport Eindhoven region, and bridges the gap with ongoing projects and developments. The project helps companies, in cooperation with knowledge and research institutions, to develop new products, processes and technologies that are not only relevant for the Einstein Telescope, but also for other challenging European and global markets in the future, such as for example automotive, aerospace and other high-tech segments.
Opportunities for businesses
As we speak, extensive set-ups are being built in Maastricht (ETpathfinder) and Liege (E-Test), for the development and testing of the technology, which will be operational for at least 15 years. To this end, companies are sought that will participate in the development of technology and products. Companies that join now will create a good basis for later participation in the construction and operation of the real Einstein Telescope. In addition, the participation of companies in this phase can play a positive role in the actual decision to come to the Euregio.
The ET2SMEs project offers, among other things:
- Getting to know Euroregional R&D and business partners and expanding your network;
- Establishing suitable contacts for cross-border innovation and cooperation;
- Deploying your technological knowledge and expertise to contribute to a new platform with which your company gains international recognition;
- Discovering new cooperation opportunities with Euroregional SME partners and other actors, which can be directly supported by innovation vouchers up to € 50,000;
- Professional support in the presentation and marketing of your results in industrial research and experimental development.
There may be opportunities for your company as well and we invite you to explore them through a short survey. The survey is not very time-consuming and immediately gives a first impression of the nature and scope of the project and its relevance for your company.Explore the opportunities for your business