Reimbursement of costs
What exactly does that include?
The following demonstrable costs of the feasibility study are eligible under the grant:
• Wage and labour costs (hourly fee of €60);
• Material costs, e.g. for a non-functional prototype
• Depreciation of property, plant, and equipment
• Costs for using the facilities;
• Costs for contracting third parties
The 'Grant Rules for Proof of Principle Fund (Feasibility Fund)' are given here.
Your depreciation costs on plant and equipment are covered provided that they are necessary for the execution of the project and have been laid down in the approved project plan. Depreciation is based on the economic lifespan. If the resources are also used for any purposes other than the project, a proportion of the depreciation will be covered in consideration of usage for the project.
The following costs are not reimbursed:
- Fundamental research;
- Patent applications
- Forming a legal entity under private law;
- Expenses incurred prior to submitting the application.